For a couple of months now, my "headboard" has been a set of armoire doors leaning against the wall behind the bed. It looked good but the doors were always leaning forward, away from the wall. I found it annoying and finally took the time to complete a very simple fix.
I got the doors from a friend. Her home was destroyed by a fire about a year and half ago. As I was helping her to recover her belongings from the home, I noticed the armoire. The top of the armoire was burned clean off and there was damage to the doors. Amazingly, there were photographs in a drawer inside the armoire which survived unscathed. We removed the doors and I took those, and the drawer, home. I scrubbed the smoke residue from the doors and left them as they are. Its the ultimate distressed finish ;-)
|All I did was to put a couple of eye screws in and strung some picture wire on.|
|Ugh, I destroyed the wall. Good thing the doors cover the damage!|
|Ta-daaa! My new "headboard"|
|Murphy loves it too.|