|Ya, sorry for showing the junk on top of it.|
So, since the top was already peeling off I decided to remove the laminate from the top, exposing the plywood. I sanded the whole thing down and embarked on my first milkpaint experiment. I hadn't expected the milkpaint to be so darned transparent! It only worked on the drawers, I wouldn't be able to use such see-through paint on the rest of this desk. So I found a darling yellow spraypaint. I have been using Rustoleum 2x paint. Let me tell you, with a bit more than 2 cans of paint, this paint didn't exactly cover 2x as much. I only buy it because it is cheap and they have soooooooooooo many colors. But 2x? I don't think so. Anyway, I used Sunflower Satin. Darling, darling color. I have been rather into yellows lately and it just might be because of this paint.....
|And here she is!!|
|Rustoleum Sunflower spray paint with homemade yellow tinted milk paint.|
|I glued and clamped the cracks in the bottom. It must have worked because I cannot see the cracks to point them out!|
|The top still has all of the plywood texture, even after lots of sanding and some wood filler. I'm glad its not so apparent in this photo.|
I had originally planned to sell this desk. However, I am not 100% pleased with the way it turned out, I don't think its worthy of trading for money. But I do think that she is super cute and she is now happily residing in my bedroom.